Home > Faq


What kind of driver’s license is required to drive in the UAE? Can I use my international driving license?

All the UAE resident visa holders must acquire a valid UAE driver’s license to drive in the country. GCC nationals who are in the UAE on a visit/transit visa can rent and drive a car only if they have a valid GCC driving license. Lastly, for foreign tourists outside of the GCC countries, a valid international driving license is required to drive in the country legally.

I’ve received a fine on my rental vehicle, what should I do?

Our team processes all fines that are picked up by the driver throughout the rental period. Based on the level of offenses, subsequent notification and costs are invoiced to the customer. If the customer approves, these fines and related fees shall be levied from the security deposit itself.

What happens if I were to violate any of the country’s traffic rules?

UAE on the whole and Dubai, in particular, has a lot of stringent traffic rules and regulations in place. These are put in place to make sure that on-road travel within the country happens without any unforeseen incidents. For any traffic fines incurred by you during the rental period, a nominal fee will be charged to cover the administration charges.

What should I do if my rental car is stolen?

If you find that your rental car has been stolen, immediately report the matter to the police. You should also notify our team here at Al Emad as soon as possible.

What happens if I have an accident in my rental car?

In the unfortunate circumstance of an accident, the incident should be notified to the police immediately. A police report is mandatory during such cases to claim insurance and absolve you of any responsibilities.

What is Salik?

Salik is an innovative toll system that exists across the UAE. Each of our rental vehicles is equipped with a Salik tag. A charge of AED 5 will be levied from your purse as you cross each Salik toll gate.

Can someone other than me drive the rental car?

Yes, you can allow other individuals to drive the rental car under your name for a nominal additional fee. He/she must also fulfill all the documentary requirements.